Sign in with
Your question

My PC won't stay on very long then won't turn on for about 15 minutes

Last response: in Components
October 5, 2011 10:13:15 PM

I built an Intel based core i5-2500k PC. The motherboard is an Asus p8p67-pro rev. 3, the video card is a sapphire radeon 6950 dirt 3 edition, my memory is 2x4GB corsair sticks at 1600mz and my PSU is a Corsair AX-750 And it was working fine for the past month but then it stopped. What happened is that i was playing minecraft and my computer just shut down and wouldn't turn on. I unplugged the power supply for 10 minutes and it turned on for enough time to show the ''windows starting up'' screen, then it shut down again and wouldn't turn on.I left it unplugged for the night and then then decided to try again. It managed to stay on for 10 or so minutes but again turned off and wouldn't want to turn on again. when it is plugged in the motherboard light turns on green, like usual, even when it won't turn on. Could my PSU be fried? My temps used to be good 35C-40C~ (cpu cores when i checked in the windows cpu monitoring app) idle but now they go to 58-60C~ and then it shuts down (when i check in the Bios). I am on stock cooling in a Cooler master half-X . Whats wrong? I need help, could it be the PSU or the motherboard. Thanks in advance!

More about : stay long turn minutes

a b V Motherboard
October 5, 2011 11:08:10 PM

check the pins on the stock cooler are properly engaged--they are notorious for not quite clicking home even though they look ok--should be able to see through the cut out to the rear of the motherboard if they are all the way through

though surprised you are using the stock cooler with such a good setup--why not stick a hyper 212 plus or something on there and overclock it thats what a 2500k is for :D 
Related resources
!