Sign in with
Your question

Hdmi laptop to tv

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 27, 2011 10:38:40 AM

Hello, my laptop recently started having problems when i try to plug in a HDMI cable to my tv. Both screens sort of turn on and off for a while (out of sync) until the laptop has had enough and throws up a warped blue screen of death.. it's hard to read and the computer restarts before i can make anything out.. any ideas?? :??: 

oh, the reason why i posted here: i believe it is my ATI HD 5650 graphics card's fault..

here's a photo of the screen im getting:
http://img219.imageshack.us/i/photolgs.jpg/

thanks in advance,
jack

More about : hdmi laptop

a b D Laptop
a b x TV
April 27, 2011 2:44:51 PM

Sorry for your troubles. Have you tried another HDMI cable? Just a thought...

Regardless, I too suspect your video card. Does it work properly at all other times?

What make/model of laptop are you using?
April 27, 2011 3:51:40 PM

COLGeek said:
Sorry for your troubles. Have you tried another HDMI cable? Just a thought...

Regardless, I too suspect your video card. Does it work properly at all other times?

What make/model of laptop are you using?

Hi COlGeek, thanks for the reply :) 

Haven't got another HDMI cable, but I use the same one for my friends laptop and it works... So i doubt it's that.

Yeah works fine for everything else, even play some pretty graphics-demanding games with minimal problems (sometimes the fps drops a bit for some games, but it's still somewhat playable and i'm not quite sure how much is normal). Have tried updating drivers as well :/ 

The laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6-3132TX - i think
a b D Laptop
a b x TV
April 27, 2011 3:54:50 PM

It is possible that the external HDMI port is flaky. It happens. Is the system still under warranty?
!