New build

ghettobuild

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
Okay, I finaly have the money to start building a computer. My problem is that i have 2 older hard drives that i want to re use so i want to find a mother board that has the ide connector.

I dont have alot of money so i want a mother board max $200 but i dont want a crappy one i would like to have a 1155 socket because all i want to put in it for now is a pentium g and later upgrade to sandy bridge.

I have a case 2 older hard drives and a 550 watt power supply plus i have a video card that should be good enough for what i want to do with the comp for now.

All I want to do is play wow better then what im playing it at now i have a laptop for all the other things i do with a comp but the laptop is a 1.6 dual core so i know a pentium g will do me better and i only play on low settings so i would like to at least get normal for now.

the video card is an atI 3000 or 4000 im not sure at the moment i would have to check

anyway is there any mother boards out there that i can use or will a ide to sata converter work i hear they dont work some times?

The parts I figure I need for now are motherboard, ram, windows, cpu because i have the case, gpu, power supply and the 2 older hard drives all i want to do for now is be able to buy the mobo, ram, cpu and windows to get the comp running so i know that the parts are not defective. I hvae heard of troubles with returning parts when they are defective.

any thoughts and help with my situation would be so appreciated. please help me

I would like to get a mobo with the ide slot and have room for future upgrades so would do you all think?

ASRock Z77 Extreme 4

The BIOS, its looks like this.

ASRock%20Z77%20Extreme4%20BIOS%2001%20-%20Main_575px.png

For the mobo, I would recommend -> ... Latest Z77...
That is a good mobo choice for the CPU. It has good power design for OC.

U can definitely use this one ->

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0387554

Z77%20Extreme4(m).jpg