Sign in with
Your question

Push/Pull Set-up for the H100(HAF-X case).

Last response: in Components
October 6, 2011 8:02:00 AM

Need some help on how I should go about installing this set-up. I am thinking about buying four of these bad-boys and

setting them in a push/pull set-up on my HAF-X case. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

But I am open to suggestion, since I am fairly new to PC's and realize that there are many variable like negative air, ambient

room temp, static air and stuff. I honestly unsure about how I should do this. The Case has to a 230mm intake fan on the front

and another 200mm intake on the side panel and two 200mm exhaust on top. Since I will be installing the H100 rad on to

should I have it suck air in and push it into the components or suck air in from the inside and push it out through the top?

October 6, 2011 9:07:54 AM

I have the same case but mine only came with 1 200mm fan on top, Is the 2nd fan an extra?
m
l
October 9, 2011 3:46:24 PM

Hot air is going to rise up through the top of the case, pushing air back in from top down is going to create a double strain on the blades plus is going to keep the case full of hot air, bad idea.
Putting the rad on the top is going to make all the hot air pass thru the fins of the already hot rad thereby reducing it's efficiency, again not a good idea.
Mounting the Rad on the back and pulling air into the case is the best option.
Since you already have 2 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans, a set of fans pulling and pushing air into the rig is going to create a positive pressure in the case but since it's hot/warm air that is being pulled in, it'll immediately exit through the top, creating a negative pressure, which is good for the ambient temps within the case.

Mounting the rad might be a little difficult since it twice the length but it can be mounted on that case.
m
l
!