Z77A-GD65 vs Maximus V Gene

Keanu Reeves

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
I've had a 3770k for about a week now, and tomorrow I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a motherboard. I've been doing gobs of research, and I've narrowed it down to the Z77A-GD65 and the Maximus V Gene. I still don't know which one to get--any and all comments, recommendations and advice are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Keanu Reeves

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Do you know anybody running the Maximus V Gene? I've heard that they are really hit and miss. Also, I've never used an AsRock board before, but I read they are really solid--especially for the price.

G

i'll admit i am partial to asus or asrock. what i really like about the extreme 6 is it is very flexible; not just a gaming board with a couple of pci x16 slots. if you need to get a legacy pci card or pci-e card there is room for it. and if you use the onboard graphics for anything, there is DP, HDMI, DVI and D-Sub connections.

Keanu Reeves

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012

Have you ever used the Extreme4 board? My budget is a little tighter than I expected it to be, and it seems like a crazy good value.

G

me?
no. it has been recommended quite a bit and no one has come back and complained. i believe there has been a few "thank yous" after the fact (build finished)