Sign in with
Your question

Laptop is connected but internet goes on and off

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 27, 2010 2:49:43 PM

Hello,
ive just got a new laptop, and i am connected to the wireless router underneath me, i have got full connecting and a very good internet speed but for some reason, not and then "!" thats pops up over te top of the internet connection bard in the taskbar and it says no internet cnnection even thugh i am connected, then after a few seconds it connects again. Any ideas, pleaseee help thanks
Dave
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 27, 2010 2:52:17 PM

Quote:
Hello,
ive just got a new laptop, and i am connected to the wireless router underneath me, i have got full connecting and a very good internet speed but for some reason, not and then "!" thats pops up over te top of the internet connection bard in the taskbar and it says no internet cnnection even thugh i am connected, then after a few seconds it connects again. Any ideas, pleaseee help thanks
Dave

Sorry i rushed that, irl re type with correct spelling.

Hello,
ive just got a new laptop, and i am connected to the wireless router underneath me, i have got a full connection and a very good internet speed but for some reason, now and then this symbol "!" pops up over the top of the internet connection thinky in the taskbar and it says no internet connection even though i am connected, then after a few seconds it connects again. Any ideas, pleaseee help thanks
Dave

sorry about spelling
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 27, 2010 8:13:57 PM

Most issues with wireless routers are to do with wireless. You should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.

1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.
Related resources
!