Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Final RAM decision!

Last response: in Memory
June 29, 2012 3:57:55 AM

Hello once again guys!

Alright, so I'm nearing the end of my parts decision for my build );

BUT, before I can finish I need some more help to get this one right!

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge (BOUGHT TODAY!)
Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D (BOUGHT TODAY TOO!)
PSU: Corsair, waiting to finalize my parts list to choose a wattage
GPU: On-board....for now (I'm running out of money quick!)
Mobo: Waiting on the release of the Maximus V Formula (Yes, I've considered the GENE, and the P8Z77-V Series, they just don't measure up to the Formula)

RAM: HELP ME!

Alright, so the two models I'm looking at are:

Corsair Dominator GT 16GB Kit running at 2133MHz here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

-or-

G. Skill Trident X Series 16GB Kit running at 2400MHz here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

They are priced too similarly for me to make a choice solely on cost, so I'm letting it run down to pure specs.

In the past, I have always used Corsair RAM because of its lifetime warranty, its stability, and its looks; however, G. Skill is on the up, and I'm wondering if it's time for me to try something new. They both have great reviews, and whenever I ask, I have people who recommend both. The G. Skill is running at a higher MHz but is also running at 1.65V, whereas the Dominator GT is only 2133MHz but at a safe 1.5V. Call me old fashioned, but I'm still really weary about using 1.65V RAM. Someone please let me know what you think of the two, and maybe post some personal or links to results so that I can make the best choice.

As always, thanks,
Matt

More about : final ram decision

Best solution

a b } Memory
June 29, 2012 4:45:34 AM

Always stick with 1.5v ram. Always. Word to the wise.
July 6, 2012 12:06:41 AM

Best answer selected by BoRealBobadilla.
a c 146 } Memory
July 6, 2012 2:04:45 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
!