Which driver for a 5 series GPU ?

Ok so first of" the latest one" is not the correct answer, unless it is of course :D

What im looking for is opinions based on personal usage as to which driver release has given people the best experience when running a 5 series card.
Some releases provide updates to some aspect or add extra options etc.
I know that as newer cards come out support for the older cards drops off some, i experienced this quite markedly with the old 8.x series of drivers with 8.6 and 8.12 being the only 2 that were really worth updating to.
Thats the thing really i want to find where the sweet point/s are for the 5 series. I usually keep up with this sort of thing but have to admit to dropping being lately.

Thanks
Mactronix :)

opexx

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
personally i'm updating the drivers on my 570's (sli) with every release. simply because they're constantly fixing tiny little things here and there as well as those extra options they sometimes add. so yeah thats just me :p

:whistle: :lol:

Ok so no one on here runs anything but Nvidia then ? Kinda hard to beleive on such a Pro AMD forum.
Tweaktown do da decent review of the changes so i have a rough idea it just would have been nice to have some other input.

Thanks for the input guys even if not exactly what was wanted.

Mactronix :D

RickyT23

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009

Hey man - im using 11.4 with no problems on Crossfire 5850's, overclocked. I just use the latest drivers as a rule. If you were having problems running a particular game then it might become relevant to look on google for solutions relating to particular drivers. I think that 11.4 is pretty fast too.

AMD crossfire drivers are ***, worked horribly with crossfire 6870s, low min fps sporadic micro stutter, flickering, etc which was consistent across many drivers and games. I was tired of wondering and waiting, switched and never looked back...

Hi thanks for posting.
No problems, just wanting to know if any drivers were better than the others. As a rule i wont upgrade then unless there is a benefit to be had like added functionality/features. 10.2 and 10.3 for example brought some much needed additions and improvements. I was running 9.7 untill 10.2 came around and had features worth upgrading for.

Mactronix :)