Nintendo Boosts R&D Budget by 5billion Yen

Tags:
  • Console Gaming
  • Games
  • Video
  • Nintendo
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 13, 2005 5:13:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

http://cube.ign.com/articles/579/579277p1.html

Nintendo Boosts R&D Budget
The newborn DS is getting plenty of support from Momma.
By David Adams
January 12, 2005 - Nintendo will increase funding for Research and
Development and advertising by five billion yen, according to a story
published in Japan's Nikkei Financial Daily.

The company's R&D spending will reach 22 billion yen, up 39% from last year.
Nintendo intends to nurture software development for the Ninendo DS handheld
system, which debuted in Japan and the US last year.

Nintendo's advertising boost is also related to the DS, which in Japan will
see test play in retailers and television commercials featuring a popular
singer.

Nikkei also reports that Nintendo will increase capital spending 76% to four
billion yen, partly to support DS production.

More about : nintendo boosts budget 5billion yen

Anonymous
January 15, 2005 4:16:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

wow, maybe they'll research and find out that people like online games!

"Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
> http://cube.ign.com/articles/579/579277p1.html
>
> Nintendo Boosts R&D Budget
> The newborn DS is getting plenty of support from Momma.
> By David Adams
> January 12, 2005 - Nintendo will increase funding for Research and
> Development and advertising by five billion yen, according to a story
> published in Japan's Nikkei Financial Daily.
>

> The company's R&D spending will reach 22 billion yen, up 39% from last
> year.
> Nintendo intends to nurture software development for the Ninendo DS
> handheld
> system, which debuted in Japan and the US last year.
>
> Nintendo's advertising boost is also related to the DS, which in Japan
> will
> see test play in retailers and television commercials featuring a popular
> singer.
>
> Nikkei also reports that Nintendo will increase capital spending 76% to
> four
> billion yen, partly to support DS production.

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 2:10:53 PM

"sardu" <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> wow, maybe they'll research and find out that people like online games!

I won't bother to point out the obvious...