HAF X and Asus Sabertooth 990FX

b4w

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
Hi, Im building a new pc and i was wondering, I need someone with Asus sabertooth 990FX knowledge and HAF X knowledge (or good googling skills) to tell me what kind of setup they did with the Case fans in terms of powering them. Which ones, how many, in what way did you plug them into a power source. Which ones did you put on mobo, which did you put on PSU and what about the led's on the fans, where did you plug those in? Give me an estimate of how many of which types of plugs i need to have available, and an idea of how to connect everything

Solution
The rule I made when I did my build around Asus p8p67 WS Revolution was to hook up fans that did anything envolved with tweaking like those sending air to the GPU or the Memory to the mobo. On all Asus mobos there are ports labeled CHA_fanX, X being a #. on mine there were 4. So i actually hooked up 3 of the fans in my stock HAF-X I hooked up the front fan, the side fan and the fan in the back pushing air at my water cooling. The reason I set it up this way was because all of these fans greatly effect the cooling of important components like the RAM, CPU and GPU. Nice part about an asus mobo is the EUFI BIOS and its organization for instance i can over clock my memory and CPU and then in the same control panel change my fan settings.

youngblood1017

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
The rule I made when I did my build around Asus p8p67 WS Revolution was to hook up fans that did anything envolved with tweaking like those sending air to the GPU or the Memory to the mobo. On all Asus mobos there are ports labeled CHA_fanX, X being a #. on mine there were 4. So i actually hooked up 3 of the fans in my stock HAF-X I hooked up the front fan, the side fan and the fan in the back pushing air at my water cooling. The reason I set it up this way was because all of these fans greatly effect the cooling of important components like the RAM, CPU and GPU. Nice part about an asus mobo is the EUFI BIOS and its organization for instance i can over clock my memory and CPU and then in the same control panel change my fan settings.

Solution