First AMD CPU/Nvidia GPU Gaming PC Build

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Case: Thermaltake V3 Black Edition VL80001W2Z Black SECC / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case (with two added 120mm blue LED fans)
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 600W PSU (Already Own)
MoBo: ASUS M4N75TD AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake CLP0554 80mm Sleeve CPU Cooler
GPU: EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P3-1469-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
RAM: Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
CD/DVD Burner: LG DVD±RW SuperMulti Drive Black SATA Model GH22NS50 Bulk - OEM

Any thoughts, concerns, or changes before I finalize (purchase) the parts?

Solution
Hmm, doesnt look bad. I would change the HDD to a Spinpoint F3 is possible.
Also, get a GTX 560 Ti it makes a difference.
Lastly, you won't be SLIing with that PSU. Keep that in mind.

But really, it all looks good!

striker410

Distinguished
Hmm, doesnt look bad. I would change the HDD to a Spinpoint F3 is possible.
Also, get a GTX 560 Ti it makes a difference.
Lastly, you won't be SLIing with that PSU. Keep that in mind.

But really, it all looks good!

Solution

AbdullahG

Distinguished
I changed the HDD. As for the GTX 560 Ti, I can't really change it from the GTX 560 since I'll be going at least $30 over my budget (darn my High school budget for being so tight). The PSU is only for 1 card. Once I can afford a 2nd card, I'll get a new PSU as well.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Most manufacturers make them if you want a "future-proof" GPU. They want to make sure you have enough memory for games that may be too demanding in the future. Even now few games ARE demanding when it comes to GPU memory (GTA IV for example).

There are 20+ AM3+ motherboards on New Egg ranging in price from $60 to $260. Some even include Crossfire/SLI options.

You should really consider purchasing one.

The AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz 'Propus' is $95 with promo code HARDOCPX7X6C.

The Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB is $50 w/ promo code EMCKCKB22 and is faster than your Seagate '6Gb/s' drive

The CM Hyper TX3 92mm Cooler is $20 after rebate and can go push-pull with the addition of another fan.

Those cost savings bring the arse-kickin' Asus M5A99X EVO AM3+ 990X motherboard into play.

And just a little heads up --- you should jump on the XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB for $170 after rebate.

Your Thermaltake is really only good to 420w or so, and the extra cash should be set aside for a new PSU for that future HD 6870 CrossFire (when the cards get down to $130 in the next 4 or 5 months due to the new 7XXX-series rolling out).

AbdullahG

Distinguished
I'll pass on the X4 840. I had a bad experience with OCing it and keeping it stable.
I already decided to get the Samsung HDD.
The cooler seems great, I'll get it.
Maybe I will get the 6870 or stay with a 560 Ti; I don't know yet.
I'll see if I can really get a new PSU.

Thanks for the advice, I'll see how well it works!