i just put together a new computer, parts below:

asrock extreme4 z77
i5 3570k
nvidia gtx 670
gskill ripjaws ddr3 1600
crucial 128gb ssd
western digital caviar blue 1tb 7200 rpm hdd
pc power and cooling silencer mkII 750 watt psu

I got everything connected and tried to fire it up. All the case fans, the cpu fan, the hdd, and the dvd rom came on, but there was no POST. The dr debug does not display anything, it is completely blank. I have made sure that the mobo power connecters are firmly seated. I have tried moving the ram around in different slots as well as only using 1 stick at a time. I checked the pins in the cpu socket and didnt see any bent ones. I am wondering if the fact that dr debug isnt displaying anything at all means the mobo is doa? If anyone has any suggestions on things that I can check that would be awesome.

gorlios

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
When you turn it on, does nothing power on? Like nothing?

Make sure all of your connections are right. If you are positive they are, then send this back. I actually just bought the same motherboard and I am sending it back as well, but for different reasons. When it worked it was a nice motherboard though.

alovita

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
@keanu reeves yeah i have tried the video connections on both the mobo and gpu and i do not get anything.

@gorlios yep absolutely nothing when I turn it on, other than fans and hdd. I have started the rma process with newegg, so frustrating.

DarkOutlaw

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
Oh gotcha. Ok take out your GPU, im assuming you have it in one the the PCI express slots. Go to another computer download bios version 1.7 and put it on a blank fat32 flash drive. Boot to bios, flash bios to 1.7, install GPU.

Your board is fine, you should look through the reviews of a board a bit more carefully. You will have issues with adding a GPU and the USB 3.0 ports out of the box.

alovita

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
@darkoutlaw i had read about people having issues with the bios when using an ivy bridge cpu on an older chipset mobo, i didnt think id have any issues since it is a z77 board. but i will certainly give your suggestion a try!

@mubin nope no beep codes

DarkOutlaw

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012

nah nah nah its not the IB CPU thats the issue, its having something plugged into the PCI Express slot that is the issue. If you take the graphics card out it should boot just fine. From there you can flash the bios to 1.7, just dont use the usb 3.0 ports. I havent figured out how to fix those yet, but plan on figuring it out soon. Also When i installed all the drivers from the disk in windows it would not boot windows anymore. I only installed the LAN driver off the disk, win7 picked up everything but the usb 3.0. I need to figure out how to get those drivers installed w/o killing windows.

DarkOutlaw

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
It could very well be the board. I saw a similar thing happen with the z68. I would try pushing the reset CMOS button in the back as well in case it is 'stuck'. And reseat the 8 pin (sometimes hard to click in) and to be safe the 24pin.

mubin

Distinguished

If Dr Debug dont show nothing then is cloud be your mobo.