WIll my MOBO still work

ashlambert0

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
I'm a noob builder. I was trying to pull out a GPU and I guess I don't know my own strength and pulled out the PCI slot too :cry: Will it still work or out to the garbage can? :(

illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
First off you most likely forgot to pull back the release clamp on the PCI slot the little white tab that secures the card to the slot. Second i would say most likely not since you just basically pulled a bus right out of your mother board but all I can say is try it start small take out the CPU and ram and power on the board there should be a system light if that doesn't even turn on you'r screwed personally i would risk it earthier way iv never really heard of some one doing this so i dont know how much actual damage you caused but with some thing like this there's is all ways a risk of causing more.

ashlambert0

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
Guess I'm the first one then :sol: Actually this is my 3rd PC I've destroyed :cry: but this one is the most expensive :pt1cable:

So I take it that I just buy a new MOBO rather than causing more damage to the CPU and other stuff there.

Thanks!