Best card for this rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutfij

Titan
Hey all!

This question was posted by request of my buddy who isn't well informed with PC compnents - He wanted my opinion on what graphics card he can get to run on his machine.

N.B# this rig can NOT in any way be upgraded apart from PSU and GPU. Ram maybe but that isn't a guarantee.

Specs are:
Intel DG965RY
Intel Pentium D 915 @ stock (note this board can't be OC'd or OC anything on that matter apart from ram timmings)
2GB DDR2 Transcend 800 Mhz Ram 5-5-5-18
2x320GB WD Blu SATA Drives
8600GT 256MB DDR3 Fatal1ty Edition
Delux case with 450W PSU (if needed i can post an image of the PSU's sticker showing amps)

Gaming Res: 1280 x 1024 with details maxed, if not medium

This rig used to be mine until i sold it off to him. He's now playing some old titles - ones I played when i had this rig.Black Ops runs but very choppy, Crysis 2 runs but it isn't at playable framerates, thus the inquiry of a new GPU. I have my ideas but i could be wrong.

I live in Bangladesh, and i could get a hold of old cards via a site similar to Ebay/craiglist.

Thanks for taking the time.

Solution
ATI 5570, could be a good option. You will increase your performance at least a 30 %.

Also a NVIDA Geforce Gt 240 ddr5 should suit your needs.

perfrel.gif

Lutfij

Titan
Hmmm I'll also side that comment - btw , its my EX system :) now my pal owns it. I just installed a handfull of games and he can play them with low or medium settings.

COD MW 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
Crysis Warhead
Battlefield BC 2
F.E.A.R 2

He has my Samsung 732 N plus monitor and he's postponed his GPU purchase until the card's life has ended in his hands :) May God let him achieve it after finishing all the titles I had finished while I had the 8600GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.