Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Best card for this rig

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
April 28, 2011 10:53:47 AM

Hey all!

This question was posted by request of my buddy who isn't well informed with PC compnents - He wanted my opinion on what graphics card he can get to run on his machine.

N.B# this rig can NOT in any way be upgraded apart from PSU and GPU. Ram maybe but that isn't a guarantee.

Specs are:
Intel DG965RY
Intel Pentium D 915 @ stock (note this board can't be OC'd or OC anything on that matter apart from ram timmings)
2GB DDR2 Transcend 800 Mhz Ram 5-5-5-18
2x320GB WD Blu SATA Drives
8600GT 256MB DDR3 Fatal1ty Edition
Delux case with 450W PSU (if needed i can post an image of the PSU's sticker showing amps)

Gaming Res: 1280 x 1024 with details maxed, if not medium

This rig used to be mine until i sold it off to him. He's now playing some old titles - ones I played when i had this rig.Black Ops runs but very choppy, Crysis 2 runs but it isn't at playable framerates, thus the inquiry of a new GPU. I have my ideas but i could be wrong.

I live in Bangladesh, and i could get a hold of old cards via a site similar to Ebay/craiglist.

Thanks for taking the time.

More about : card rig

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
April 28, 2011 11:02:04 AM

ATI 5570, could be a good option. You will increase your performance at least a 30 %.

Also a NVIDA Geforce Gt 240 ddr5 should suit your needs.

a c 158 U Graphics card
April 28, 2011 2:32:45 PM

+1^ with your CPU and Power Supply, anything over the lower end will ether be a waste of speed paired with the rest of the system, or just won't run with the power supply.
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 28, 2011 9:15:49 PM

Hmmm I'll also side that comment - btw , its my EX system :)  now my pal owns it. I just installed a handfull of games and he can play them with low or medium settings.

COD MW 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
Crysis Warhead
Battlefield BC 2
F.E.A.R 2

He has my Samsung 732 N plus monitor and he's postponed his GPU purchase until the card's life has ended in his hands :)  May God let him achieve it after finishing all the titles I had finished while I had the 8600GT.
Score
a b U Graphics card
April 28, 2011 9:16:20 PM

Best answer selected by lutfij.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
April 28, 2011 9:38:16 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!