Sign in with
Your question

Is the Asus Maximus V Gene Motherboard good

Last response: in Motherboards
June 29, 2012 3:29:44 PM

Hello guys, soon I will be building my first ever gaming pc and I have decided what components I will buy, exept of the motherboard. So, I was looking at the ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE micro ATX motherboard which is made for gamers as far as I know. Is this motherboard good, is it worth buying, and lastly how much does it matter that it is a micro ATX motherboard. Do I lose anything?? Just tell me should I buy this motherboard is it good?
a c 75 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
June 29, 2012 5:12:46 PM

A Micro-ATX board is generally 3" shorter then an ATX board. With the reduced size they generally remove a PCI or PCI-e slot that would be on the ATX version of the board in question.

The Asus Maximus V Gene board has a good reputation as a enthusiast level board. If you are looking for a good board and would like a little smaller footprint this is a good board for a gamer.
Anonymous
March 27, 2013 1:16:23 AM

IntelEnthusiast said:
A Micro-ATX board is generally 3" shorter then an ATX board. With the reduced size they generally remove a PCI or PCI-e slot that would be on the ATX version of the board in question.

The Asus Maximus V Gene board has a good reputation as a enthusiast level board. If you are looking for a good board and would like a little smaller footprint this is a good board for a gamer.

u look like u know a lot about intel lol... i have a question about this motherboard and an intel i5 3350p, which i plan to be getting these soon... i know the 3350p isnt a k but was wondering with this mobo can i OC it? nothing crazy like 4ghz or anything but do i have to get the k in order to OC? and how is this mobo for overclocking as it looks really good and ive heard great things about this board?
!