Sign in with
Your question

Whats a AVG temp your CPU should be running?

Last response: in CPUs
October 7, 2011 12:55:25 AM

I have a AMD x4 phenom II or whatever.. Just wondering where my temps should be staying at. I'm not overclocked.
a b à CPUs
October 7, 2011 8:25:17 AM

Depends on: type of cooler, how long its been used, has it been cleaned?
What ambient temperatures do you have where the computer is located?
How well is your case ventilated?
Related resources
October 7, 2011 9:08:41 AM

40 or less idle, 60 or less load. Worst case non overclocked.

Though I imagine you can 'get away with' 80 degree's under load, any higher and you should be checking the grease on and performing maintenance.

a b à CPUs
October 7, 2011 9:10:39 AM

With a stock clock speed and stock cooler, anything up to the 60 degree's mark id consider "normal".

Temps will obviously be lower when idle, and higher (closer to 60 degree+ mark) when under full load.
October 7, 2011 5:08:50 PM

Don't have a stock cooler is about 77 degree's Fahrenheit in my room. My computer runs around 30-43 degree's Celsius. I'm guessing this is fine?

My case has 4 fans. And i have an aftermarket fan. And its located on top of my desk.

How does all of this sound?
October 7, 2011 5:09:24 PM

billybobser said:
40 or less idle, 60 or less load. Worst case non overclocked.

Though I imagine you can 'get away with' 80 degree's under load, any higher and you should be checking the grease on and performing maintenance.

40-60 degree's Fahrenheit or Celsius?
a c 117 à CPUs
a b À AMD
October 7, 2011 5:38:58 PM

Sounds fine williamlsu! 30-43 C on your cpu when idling or browsing is very good.
No worries :) 
October 7, 2011 6:23:15 PM

Kelvin :D 

j/k,

Celsius, and 40 degrees is sweet.
October 7, 2011 7:35:01 PM

Yeah max temp ive gotten it to is 43 degrees Celsius and its currently at 29 degrees Celsius
October 7, 2011 7:45:02 PM

CORE 2 DUO 2.4.

I am not sure it is my CPU's fault or the North or South bridge fault but boy my room heat up in no time which is excellent during winter and productivity killer during summer because it is simply to hot in the room.
I believe my CPU runs around 65~72 off load (as far as I can remember from seeing in the BIOS) and I do not know how much during "full" load.

I really DO like a lot Intel and not using Air fan on their CPU anymore.

I would actually be interesting in a full WATER COOLING system with NO fan (0 FAN) because it has in my understanding 0 decibel production which is simply a must have in my case (work long hours and often in a complete silent room= fans just make me dozy in no time).
If anyone know a decent CPU cooling system that does not use fans, also durable, and in a kit so I do not have to look all over the world to get each pieces would be super cool and great.

Thanks in advance,
!