Asus U81A laptop bios doesnt detect hard drive

Asus laptop will not boot. Get a message " Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key". I get continuous series of beeps during POST. I suspect :o ..... a hard drive problem???
6 answers Last reply
More about asus u81a laptop bios doesnt detect hard drive
  1. What BIOS do you have, and how many beeps? Then google eg AMI Bios x beeps...
  2. does your BIOS detect the drive? if not you can check your cable but it sounds like the drive will need replacement.
  3. Non-stop beeping.....AMI board, Beep code listing does not explain continuous, nonstop beeps. Maybe I can boot from USB drive??? to see if that works.
  4. Maybe catastrophic failure of HDD causing beeps. Remove it and see if beeps disappear, then try booting from DVD.
  5. Jatadek said:
    Asus laptop will not boot. Get a message " Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key". I get continuous series of beeps during POST. I suspect :o ..... a hard drive problem???

I've the same problem. I got it for the first time last week, then got it again today. My problem was the system did not see an operating system (Windows 7). I had set up RAID both times. Despite the BIOS setting, I kept getting that message until I deleted a RAID group (that did not contain my Windows 7 OS).
  6. ...beeps are coming from the Hard drive trying to start up. It has failed.
    Lesson learned!
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Laptops Boot Hard Drives Devices Motherboards