Need a Case with 2.5" Bay

Buying components from Newegg. Would like to buy tomorrow (Friday).

I have my build picked out, basically the key components are:
GPU: GeForce GTX 580
PSU: CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 (CMPSU-750HX) 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified
Mobo: ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
HD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
SSD: Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

So I have a 3.5" HD and a 2.5" SSD. I would like to fit all of this into a mid tower. There aren't many mid towers with a designated 2.5" bay, so is there some way I could change a 3.5" bay into a 2.5"? Or does anyone have any recommendations for a good case? Basically I just want a case that can fit them both. How can I do that?
4 answers Last reply
More about need case
  1. jballen92 said:
    Buying components from Newegg. Would like to buy tomorrow (Friday).

    I have my build picked out, basically the key components are:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 580
    PSU: CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 (CMPSU-750HX) 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified
    Mobo: ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    HD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    SSD: Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

    So I have a 3.5" HD and a 2.5" SSD. I would like to fit all of this into a mid tower. There aren't many mid towers with a designated 2.5" bay, so is there some way I could change a 3.5" bay into a 2.5"? Or does anyone have any recommendations for a good case? Basically I just want a case that can fit them both. How can I do that?

    most good quality mid towers should have a 3.5" to 2.5" adapter,one example is the coolermaster HAF 912 advanced case,you can use both of your drives in a case like this....here is a link


    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_31&p
  2. mrclownface said:
    most good quality mid towers should have a 3.5" to 2.5" adapter,one example is the coolermaster HAF 912 advanced case,you can use both of your drives in a case like this....here is a link


    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_31&p



    That case is ALMOST what I'm looking for, except it's plastic. Do you know of any steel mid size towers that have a 2.5" bay? Also it needs to fit the 580 GPU, which is 10.5".
  3. Pick the case that you like the best, if no 2 1/2 inch bay then use this ($8 and allows for mounting 2 SSDs:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817984009
    My case has a slot and even makes it removeable, but I still use the adaptor.
    At work so can not tell you the exact model.
  4. jballen92 said:
    That case is ALMOST what I'm looking for, except it's plastic. Do you know of any steel mid size towers that have a 2.5" bay? Also it needs to fit the 580 GPU, which is 10.5".

    how much is your budget for the case?,the 912 coolermaster case is mostly steel with a from plastic bezel,you can also remove the upper hard drive cage for extra long graphics cards,dust filters are an important feature i beleive,i also watch some reviews on you tube so i can see the case and its features up close,this corsair case is a nice case

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_961&products_id=17793
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components