Sign in with
Your question

No access to BIOS

Last response: in Motherboards
June 29, 2012 7:48:45 PM

Recently, I updated my motherboards BIOS using the ASUS update utility (it flashes the BIOS from within windows and you restart your PC and it's done) and once I restarted my PC when it boots it skips the BIOS boot logo, with no option to press F5. If I do hold down F5, the screen goes black and nothing ever loads, forcing me to turn it off again.

I've tried updating it again, and clearing the cmos (though i'm not convinced it worked) to no avail. I can still boot my PC into windows.

Any help/advice is appreciated :) 

More about : access bios

a c 400 V Motherboard
June 30, 2012 3:09:43 AM

Unless that board is different, all boards I've ever worked with required the DEL or F2 key to be 'tapped' to enter BIOS. Does yours actually require the F5 key?
Related resources
June 30, 2012 11:44:25 AM

clutchc said:
Unless that board is different, all boards I've ever worked with required the DEL or F2 key to be 'tapped' to enter BIOS. Does yours actually require the F5 key?

I hold the DEL key, its been a while since I last tried :??:  I'm pretty sure it does require the DEL key to enter the BIOS.
June 30, 2012 1:12:57 PM

Mine kind of does the same thing, or even the same.

For a while now I've not been able to getting to BIOS. On boot it seems all keyboard options give we a black screen and gets stuck, so have to turn the power off.

The pc does load up windows normally though and seems fine when running.

I've not updated my BIOS. I've recently cleared cmos by removing battery. that even stopped me booting as normal but some how after many tries and replacing battery again it started, phew!

But when I run ET6 it never opens.

I have a gigabyte 880GMA -phenom.

I'm not sure I can ever flash my BIOS now if i wanted to.
!