Help with a dell dimension turns on but nothing else happens the monitor shows t

Ughhh... I amdealing with one of those POS's right now...

You cannot even put a video card in the one I have here.

Does the light on the monitor even reach when you power on the PC?

Try a different monitor... take the cable off both sides and put it back.

angelashroyer

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011

I am a single Mom that lost her job when Chrysler got there bailout from the Obama administration then shut down 789 dealerships ours was one after coming back from Katrina it was a slap in the face but I needed money to pay bills so I sold my computer to a friend of a friend any way I told him as is that its a few years old but this guy brought it back and now threatening me. I just need to find out whats wrong and how much its going to cost me or find away to come back up with the money he paid me. Single Mom don't want any trouble with this guy.

angelashroyer

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011

I think the monitor is fine the pc is not booting u at all or that is what it seems like .
I have power to the monitor like I said has the little block of colors

Not much you can do... IF you are lucky... Open it up and look for a video card slot. IF you are very lucky, it has one. IF it does, you can put a cheap card in it. Unfortunately, the Dim 3000 suck. They were from a bad time @ Dell.

There are 2 basic type of video cards, PCIE and AGP. IF that has a slot, I think it will be AGP, the slot is usually brown. The expansion slots for Modems and such are white.

(hopefully not) IF your system is like the one I am currently working on, it does NOT have a video card slot.