ATI Radeon 5970

nizzle81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Hey can anyone help me, im trying to figure out how to turn on catalyst ai so that both my gpu's on the 5970 are active. I see the setting in the CCC under gaming and 3D Applications. I go to catalyst AI and i can change the texture filtering quality from performance to quality, and there is also a check box for enable surface format optimization, but there is nothing that specificly asks me to enable this. I've tried everything (using full screen also) and I can't get both my gpu's to actively work; Any ideas?

nizzle81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
The ATI Radeon HD 5970 2GB is a 2 in one video card, and the 2nd gpu is always at 0% while the other is at 100%. I've heard that your supposed to turn on Catalyst AI, but I cant quite seem to figure out how to turn it on?

nizzle81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
I have a 1000 watt cooler master gold power supply. Yes i have my drivers up to date 11.4 on CCC, and that is my question how do i turn on Catalyst AI. There is nothing that specifically turns it on or off, I can only choose the settings of quality and performance by sliding a bar, but whatever i do the 1st gpu does nothing while the second gpu works.