Your question

Just got a video card n now when i play COD mw2 it crashes

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Call of Duty
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 28, 2011 11:33:46 PM

i got a new video card Nvidia GTX 460 1gb for 150$ from newegg, i play COD MW2 on max settings n get like 60fps. but any way when i play it keeps on freezing up for like a sec here n there and then just crashes n gives me the blue screen. this happens in COD mW2 n NFS shift. i didnt try any other games. does any1 know that the problem is? please help, thank you

More about : video card play cod mw2 crashes

a c 142 U Graphics card
April 29, 2011 12:51:47 AM

Make sure you have the most up to date drivers for your card, you can get them from the nvidia website, if you used the drivers on the CD that came with the card, they are probably out of date, and outdated drivers can sometimes cause game stability issues. It's also possible that your card might be overheating, download HWMonitor, and run it to keep track of your GPU temperatures. If your temps are going over 80 degrees celsius, it could be an overheating problem. Also, what PSU do you have, another possibility is that your power supply is not consistently providing enough power to the card when it is under load.
m
l
April 29, 2011 1:09:08 AM

Supernova1138 said:
Make sure you have the most up to date drivers for your card, you can get them from the nvidia website, if you used the drivers on the CD that came with the card, they are probably out of date, and outdated drivers can sometimes cause game stability issues. It's also possible that your card might be overheating, download HWMonitor, and run it to keep track of your GPU temperatures. If your temps are going over 80 degrees celsius, it could be an overheating problem. Also, what PSU do you have, another possibility is that your power supply is not consistently providing enough power to the card when it is under load.

uhm my psu is the DIABLOTEK PHD 550, is it enough to power the system: asus P8P67 DELUXE, intel i5-2500k, gtx 460 se video card, 2 sticks of 2x4gb ripjaws x.
m
l
Related resources
!