Asus P8P67 will not POST, fans do not spin

olympicevent

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
I have a P8P67 B3 rev 3.0 with an i7 and a 750W power supply. I had loaded a new OS, non-windows, into a new HD after having removed the old Win7 HD. In order for the new OS to work, I have to disable almost all of the features in bios. After running that for a few days, I removed the new HD and reinstalled the old Win7 HD. The machine booted fine and I reset all the bios to their old settings which were basically all stock with only the boot order changed. I ran the Asus application to optimize those settings and everything worked fine for a day or two. The other day I started the machine in the morning and it ran for 15 or 20 minutes than shut off.

What is happening now is that when the power switch is pressed, the fan rotates about 10 degrees and stops. There are three green LEDs on the board and those all are lighted. Resetting the bios via the CLRTC jumper or battery removal method is ineffective. I cannot see a rest switch on thru rear of the board as my case is in the way. I am not sure if this board has one or not.

I have removed all add-ons and reinstalled one at a time. At one point with the video card removed the fans cam on and stayed on. Installing the video card, or maybe just turning the thing off and on, returned the machine to its current failed state.

Has anyone had this issue? I can turn off the power supply and wait for the leds to go off, than power up and the issue repeats. There are LEDs built into the fan and those flash when the fan does it s little burp. After the first power up, any other button pushing has no apparent effect.

Right now there is one 4G memory stick, the one HD with win7 and a video card. Everything else has been removed and it will not even spin the fans.

Is there anyway to recover from this?

olympicevent

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
Thank you for the fast reply. It does not go into bios. The fans do not even spin. Yes, I will try a new PSU and report back. I need to leave for a week and will not be able to work on this at all until l I return.

olympicevent

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
The replacement PSU does not have a PCIe connector. I do not have a PCI video card. But it looks like everything works with the PCIe disconnected... I will get a PCI video card and a new PSU next week.