Sign in with
Your question

Windows seems to be turning off my Wireless Broadband

Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 28, 2010 8:30:07 AM

My Wireless wont Connect on my Sony Vaio Laptop VGN-NR32L. VISTA Home-Premium. 32bit.

When I boot up my laptop the wireless on/off switch green LED is showing ON ready for a wireless connection.

This will remain ON until my laptop is fully booted then the green LED goes off even though my Wireless switch is still switched on. So I then can’t connect using Wireless although I can hard wire with the ethernet cable and connect OK

I’ve been into ‘Control Panel ‘(Classic View) and clicked on ‘Windows Mobility Centre’ and it says ‘Wireless Off.’ The box underneath which says ‘Turn Wireless On’ is ‘greyed Out) and so won’t let me switch on from here.

Talktalk tell me they know of no other way other than the ‘laptop Twitch’ or ‘Mobility Centre’ to turn the Wireless connection on - and everything their end says all is OK!
HELP PLEASE IF YOU CAN using simple language. I'm not a techie :cry: 

More about : windows turning wireless broadband

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
December 28, 2010 8:37:35 AM

Sounds as though the light you see at boot up is just a system test. Go Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager and see if the wireless adapter is present and has a driver loaded and is working normally.

I would go to the Sony site and see if there's a newer driver set available for your computer -- or a newer driver for the wireless adapter -- if it's an Intel wireless chipset the newest driver may be found at the Intel site.
December 28, 2010 11:31:10 AM

Quote:
Sounds as though the light you see at boot up is just a system test. Go Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager and see if the wireless adapter is present and has a driver loaded and is working normally.

I would go to the Sony site and see if there's a newer driver set available for your computer -- or a newer driver for the wireless adapter -- if it's an Intel wireless chipset the newest driver may be found at the Intel site.

Thanks my friend. :hello: 

I'll go and do what you advised. Thanks for the help

Geoff
!