Was my PC or UPS damaged by high room temperature?

loosley

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
I just bought a new Cyberpower CP1500PFCLCD UPS (link below). I plugged my PC and monitor into it and left it running throughout the day to test the UPS. I closed the room door before I left.

I didn't realize it was going to be really warm in the room, and with the door closed, my indoor thermometer registered about 29 C! Do you think my computer or my UPS were damaged by the high temperatures? The UPS said the PC was drawing about 180 W. I wasn't overclocking or running anything on the PC.

Here is a link to the page of the LCD specs:

http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups-systems/adaptive-sinewave-series/CP1500PFCLCD.html?selectedTabId=specifications&imageI=#tab-box

My PC specs: Core i5 2500K, Corsair HX750, WD20EARS 2 TB, eVGA GTX 460 (all components are NOT overclocked)

Thanks in advance!

I don't think you have damaged anything.
I have a somewhat similar set-up CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD running an i7 860,HX-750,1.5 TB HDD,XFX 5850,Auzentech Forte,and Yamaha 2.1 speakers.
My unit only registers a 108W draw though with mild oc on cpu and gpu.
I'm sure you're fine, the UPS would eventually return to AC power once the battery was drained anyways.

casualbuilder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
unless your room temps get well above 40c (105f), you wont have any issues with your computer. Noting this, unless you live in the Amazon or desert, you won't see temps this high. Are you having any problems with your system?