Solved

Will this cooler fit in this case?

im building a system now and im just wondering if the dark rock pro/advance cooler would fit in the antec 100 case?
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will cooler case
  1. Just head onto the manufacturers website there you will find all the necessary dimensions of the cooler and you can calculate it from there.
  2. I doubt it that cooler is 167mm tall.
    Your case is 7.8" wide.
    Which is tall btw compared to the competition.
    Most HSF are 160mm tall or slightly less with a few exceptions.
    You'd need a case 9+" wide for that cooler.
    A CM 212+/EVO,Zalman Performa,Gelid Tranquillo/GX-7 are good quality coolers and under 160mm = fit no problem.
  3. davcon said:
    I doubt it that cooler is 167mm tall.
    Your case is 7.8" wide.
    Which is tall btw compared to the competition.
    Most HSF are 160mm tall or slightly less with a few exceptions.
    You'd need a case 9+" wide for that cooler.
    A CM 212+/EVO,Zalman Performa,Gelid Tranquillo/GX-7 are good quality coolers and under 160mm = fit no problem.

thanks for the help but can you suggest a cheap case that will fit the dark rocks in for under £50
  4. Best answer
    Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus Case - £59.99 inc VAT = 9.1" wide
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-221-CM
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/coolermaster-haf-912-plus-black-mid-tower-case-w-o-psu

BitFenix Survivor Core - £53.94 Inc VAT = 9" wide
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/bitfenix-survivor-core-black-mid-tower-gaming-case-with-handle-w-o-psu-lan-party-favourite!
    If you like the CM SS 384-BiT suggested it's a good deal and should fit your cooler it's 8.6" W and has 3 fans.

The 912 has 2 fans.
    The BitFenix only one.
    Something definitely worth considering.
  5. +1^ HAf 912 that should work great that is a generally designed thicker lower case that should work for you.
  6. Pilk said:
    +1^ HAf 912 that should work great that is a generally designed thicker lower case that should work for you.

the thing is the price is already WAY over £50 and this is still not including delivery which is about a extra £10, and im on a really tight budget here. i wouldnt mind getting a £60 case but that is the absolutly max i can get and this is including delivery charge, is there anywhere where you ca get these cases and still get free delivery?
  7. Hey Mega sorry man i cannot really advise there as i live in South Africa. Where are you based? London? Best thing to do would be to search on online store wthin your area.
  8. Pilk said:
    Hey Mega sorry man i cannot really advise there as i live in South Africa. Where are you based? London? Best thing to do would be to search on online store wthin your area.

i just have. does anyone know if the antec 300 can fit the dark rock in? it's price seems to be pretty resonable and has 2 fans that has speed switches so it seems good
  9. i just got the antec 300 case and it works great! the dark rock advanced definatly fits in there but its a tight fit. thanks for all the help guys
  10. Best answer selected by megadelayed.
  11. megadelayed said:
    i just got the antec 300 case and it works great! the dark rock advanced definatly fits in there but its a tight fit. thanks for all the help guys

Wow! good to know it fits in a 300.
    I tried my best.
    Thx for the BA!:)
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cooling Cases Antec Components