I bought this PC yesterday

Heromaster111

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
Asus CM1730-05

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+...mory/2634102.p?id=1218341075428&skuId=2634102

worked fine then I left it on overnight to update windows. I wake up and it's off so I try to turn it back on and the keyboard and mouse aren't coming on, neither is the monitor, but the fan is on and the HDD is whirring. Eventually I just pull the plug from back and push power button for a few secs replace power plug and it comes back on just fine. Kept it on basically all day and then when I restarted to add a change to Windows it did it again same solution brought it back on. Is this a PSU problem, and will replacing the PSU rectify the problem or do I need to take it back? Any other suggestions? thanks

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
This is a sleep mode issue. When your computer goes to sleep, it disables the peripherals and that prevents you from waking it again. When it happens, try simply hitting the power button for a second. It should wake up. dfusco is the only post in here that is valid. Outlander_04 thinks "Oh, Best Buy computer not doing what you want? Return that ***". Cobra is wrong, people burn in new computers all of the time by leaving prime95 and furmark running for 24 hours to test stability. A computer that isn't 'broken' can handle being left on all of the time. Interesting note, the most stressful part of computer components is the turn on, as it creates a surge through the wires, as opposed to leaving it on and letting it sleep.