Sign in with
Your question

When i run games that needs a good videocard, my pc restarts or freezes out.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 29, 2011 4:54:49 PM

Hello, My name is john and i have a problem with my pc, i have videocard NVidia 7300 GT and when i run games that requires good performance my pc restarts or Crashes/freezes in 0-5 minutes, and yes, my cooler works bad the last dayz, and i don't know th real problem, can it be because of bad cooler?
a b Î Nvidia
April 29, 2011 4:59:56 PM

Yeah, your card could be overheating and locking up. There is software you can use to keep an eye on GPU temps but it's really a very poor card for gaming anyway so this sounds like a good excuse to upgrade. Even a cheap $50 card would be many times faster.
April 29, 2011 5:05:40 PM

thx for help...
yes i will buy new pc soon, but i need to fix my videocard first, so if it's coz of cooler, if i change to other it will help, or videocard works only with the original one?
Related resources
April 29, 2011 6:10:39 PM

could you list you power suply are you sure that it is sufficant, mosts motherboards do have a trigger to restart your computer if the temperatures exeed a normal amount. Download freeware like speedfan... then tell us your temps? Have you also tried cleaning the fan or your card with compressed air or something?
a b Î Nvidia
April 29, 2011 6:30:48 PM

You can buy a new cooler.

However, if you are going to buy a new PC soon, then perhaps spending money on a new cooler is not necessarily the best thing to do. You can buy the following replacement cooler for $12 + $2 shipping which is compatible with your card; at least according to the manufacturer's website.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

An alternative is to buy a new card if you don't mind dealing with a mail-in rebate. The following GeForce 8400GS should be slightly faster than your 7300GT and can be purchased for $5 (after rebate and promo code VGAZ161A) + $4 shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
!