CPU:AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.2ghz Black Edition Link
MoBo: Gigabyte 990XA Link
GraphicsCard:Asus EAH6870 Link
PSU:Corsair TX650Link
RAM:Kingston 2x2GB 1333Mhz something like this--> Link
HDD:Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA3 Link
Case:Cooler Master 430 Black Edition Link
Monitor:Benq 22''LED Link

Will this build be enough for playing games at ultra quality, and is the CPU easy to OC with stock fan at 3.8Ghz?
Also someone mentioned I should upgrade BIOS or something, is that easy to do?

baskerva

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Since this seems more like a budget gaming system you might want to look into the new AMD llano CPU's. They are showing really good benchmarking in gaming. The only issue is that since the clock speed is rather slow normal computing can be a bit slower than something like an i3-2100. That being said if gaming is your priority and would rather be good in gaming and will to sacrifice some general speed than Llano might be the way to go. read: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-a8-3850-llano,2975.html. Since you want ultra quality (something that probably isn't going to happen on a budget build) this might be the best way to go.

eleet2112

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
So you are saying i should get Llano A8 ?
It has integrated graphics card in it but i dont think it matters much since i will get a separate one. Im planning to OC the CPU so would that help? Im not trying to be like a hardcore gamer and get alot of FPS at max settings I just want to play them at good graphics without any lagg. (games like Withcher 2,GTAIV,Skyrim,Deus ex:human rev, RAGE, and some other new games that will come out like Bf3(certainly wont get this at max quality))
Another problem is that in my country it is difficult to acquire some parts and you can get only the parts that are in the PC shops... I dont think that the Llano procesors are on our market yet... And I wont like to go for Intel since they are a bit more expensive and I will need to get a Nvidia card since I want my parts to be from a same manufacturer.

eleet2112

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Maybe in the future when newer better versions will come out I will get a better processor since the MoBo supports buldozzer architecture(I think thats the new processors)

baskerva

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
yeah bulldozer will be supported on am3+ sockets and 9-series northbridge. I'm saying that if you are looking to get the max out of your pc for gaming right now than the Llano A8 might be the best way to go. It is not as future proof, but will give best bang for buck right now. Also if you get a raedon with the A8 it basically adds the graphic capabilities so you get a sum of the two graphics cores. I know the Llano A8-3850 is 139.99 in the us, but don't know about where you are since they are really new on the market.
AS far as OC'ing. When Llano reviews first came out OCing was not possible. But with bios updates and such they are becoming easier to OC. In the review i posted I think that Llano got to 3.4ghz stable and and more bios updates are headed to make that even easier.
All that being said, since you supply is limited sticking with the AMD 955 BE is probably your best option. Just make sure you get an AM3+ socket type and a 9 -series chipset. That will ensure the possibility of upgrading to a BullDozer chip when they come out.

eleet2112

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Hey I have found this at the same price point can u tell me if its good?
CPU:phenom II x6 1090T
Graphics: Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870
PSU:Corsair TX650
MB:Gigabyte 990XA
HDD:Seagate Barracuda 1TB
RAM:Kingston (2x2GB) 1333Mhz
Case:Cooler master 430

baskerva

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/88?vs=146
thats a benchmark comparison for the two. It looks like the X6 is a better processor for sure. I don't know how well they OC, where I know the 955 OC's pretty well. Other than that it's hard to say but it looks like everything will work. A spinpoint HDD might be a nice thing to get if you can get one at around the same price...