Sign in with
Your question

PCI to IDE card not working

Last response: in Motherboards
June 30, 2012 8:17:26 PM

Hello,
So recently I bought the P8H61-M LE REV 3.0, and sadly it didn't have IDE slots, so I ended up buying a 80Gb Sata drive with the little man I had to at least install Windows 7 x64
Recently I managed to get my hands on the FastTrak100 TX2 PCI to IDE card to be able to make my usual 500Gb IDE hard drive.
I rebooted my computer, It prompted me to a screen that said something along the lines of :
Scanning IDE drives, then after a few seconds it asked me to press CTRL + F and set up and array, so I chose number one and ocnfirmed, it rebooter, scanned for drives, detected the array, and then proceeded onto the ASUS logo, but then , it's just a black screen with the little "_" flashing at the top left corner, it goes on and on.

Please, I really need help as I have no money to buy another drive, and I need to get my 500Go to work

Thanks alot :) 

More about : pci ide card working

a b V Motherboard
June 30, 2012 8:36:52 PM

Not much I can tell you, IDE convertors don't work very well at all, if a pci one didn't work you could try one that goes into the back of the HDD and see if that works out for you. But again these things rarely ever work.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
June 30, 2012 9:23:28 PM

Like I said, I have no money to buy anything else and also I live in the US, so I have no way of getting these kinda ( I got this one from a friend who got it abroad), anyway thanks for your time
June 30, 2012 9:38:34 PM

McTyson said:
Like I said, I have no money to buy anything else and also I live in the US, so I have no way of getting these kinda ( I got this one from a friend who got it abroad), anyway thanks for your time

See if there is a boot option in the bios for bootable add in cards or something to that effect
!