hilbz462

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
Hey guys ,i recently finished my first build and have run into a little problem.

I had to run a windows update for my windows vista which had a small error. It said it had 103 updates and after it finished it said it only did 102 updates. So i figured ok, thats no big deal and clicked "restart now" as windows suggested doing.

So i turn my computer back on, and my monitor goes straught to power save mode. No bios, no mobo splash screen.. just a black screen.

So i tried plugging in my monitor to the mobo output incase my video card was faulty, and nothing still. Then i tried another monitor and the same problem.

My only other concern is that an hour or so before the update i ran the bios for my mobo to see if i could unlock my 4th core of my phenom iix3 720. The only option i changed was "unlockable" and i put it on "enable" but it did not show any change in my cpu and no 4th core showed up.

Is there a way to fix this? Or if not a way of resetting my build so i can just reinstall windows from scratch?