Status
Not open for further replies.

guren827

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Hello, I just got 8 gigs of G. Skill Ram (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231422) for my motherboard, ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131398), after I installed the RAM, I powered up computer, but noticed that there is no display, the fans work, and I even see the graphics card fan running, I also see that the mouse and keyboard don't have any power. The previous RAM which I had was, Crucial 2GB (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148194), when I install the old RAM back, everything works just fine. Can someone tell me what the problem may be here ?

As of now, I went into the BIOS and tried to change the power specs, with no luck. I'm thinking that this is just an incompatibility issue, but not too sure. Any response will be highly appreciated.

Thank You

ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz
Crucial 2GB (2 x 1GB) (Currently Trying to Change)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB
Nvidia 8800 GS Alpha Dog Edition

Solution
I recommend using the firmware's internal flash program called "Asus Easy Flash", it's available in the tools menu of most Asus firmwares. Most firmware based flash programs can read NTFS file systems so you may be able to just drop the ROM file on the C drive. If that doesn't work, use a USB stick
It could be an incompatibility issue. Use the old memory to check for a firmware update. Asus is notorious for adding better DRAM support after release.

Failing that, test each of the 2 new sticks individually in each slot. It's possible that one of the modules and/or one of the slots is defective. Use a process of elimination.

guren827

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Hello,

I googled for any firmware updates, but failed to find any, I also tried the process of elimination, all 4 slots are okay, but still, neither one of the 4gb ram sticks work. I tried each of them separately in each slot, and also in combination with the 1gb sticks, but still, the screen doesn't show, nor does my keyboard or mouse have any power.

I checked for the compatibility issue, and it seems that these ram sticks should be compatible. I again tried to tweak some settings around in the BIOS, but still no luck.

Thanks for replying.

guren827

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Hello, thank you for your fast reply, can you tell me how to use this update, I install it, but its a ROM file, and just recently I tied to use the EZ flash update tool in the Bios from Asus, but it says block not found.

Thank You.

I recommend using the firmware's internal flash program called "Asus Easy Flash", it's available in the tools menu of most Asus firmwares. Most firmware based flash programs can read NTFS file systems so you may be able to just drop the ROM file on the C drive. If that doesn't work, use a USB stick

Solution

guren827

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Hello, thank you for all of your responses, the bios update worked ! Everything works now, THANK YOU !

Thank you greatly Pinhedd, and unksol !

But I have another problem, I don't know whose answer to select for the best answer thing :(

I'm glad it worked. The best answer is the one that actually points out the solution to the problem

depends on whether you did it through the BIOS tool or the windows tool LOL. not that I really care one way or the other. glad its working

forgot that was you way up there in all my post hopping LOL. so obviously it should be pinhedd. your name always cracks me up, especially when I start typing "listen to pinhead"

Trust me when I say that listening to me is not always the best idea

Status
Not open for further replies.