Computers boots twice

zilex

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I need help. Im lost as to what the problem is. So when I press my computer power button, it sometimes will turn on and boot into windows fine. Other times it will boot up, the fans are spinning led and stuff but it instantly shuts down and restarts. When this happens it usually boots into a black screen with a blinking cursor. Then I have to hold the power button on my case and restart the computer for it to boot into windows successfully. Please help because I have reinstalled windows and still have this problem.
My Specs are:
PSU:Corsair hx850
CPU: i5-2500k 1.4v
Ram: 16GB DDR3 G.SKILL RAM
GPU:GTX 570 OC
MB: msi z68a-gd55
HDD:1 60gb ocz agility 2 ssd, 1 tb wd black caviar

Use safe mode to select Disable Auto Restart on System Failure, then research the Hex Stop Code on the BSOD.

zilex

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

I do not get a bsod, also do i disable auto restart in the bios or windows.

zilex

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

Alright, I will reset all settings to default and If it boots successfully and the behaviour stops does it mean there was something wrong with my oc?

Wamphryi

Distinguished
When you over clock the system will power up and down on its own automatically as it tries to achieve the best voltage ratings. I think you may find it is a feature as opposed to a fault. My system did the same until I gave up and left it at default settings.

Warning. When and if you reset the BIOS to default you may trip Win 7 if it was installed on ACHI or ACPI. Default settings often set the SATA Controller to IDE mode. If you experience blue screens then this will be why.

Post back if the other contributor's suggestions do not solve your problem. You are being led in a couple of different directions. :sweat:

zilex

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
I enabled power on by pci-e in the bios and I went into hdd boot properties and disabled boot for my 2nd hdd. So my SSD is the only hdd that the computer can boot from. I will see how this does because usually my computer goes into the black screen when i turn off my computer for hours and try to turning it on from a cold boot. Also what is UEFI boot drive because its enabled for that and I do not know what that is.

zilex

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
It just happend again. Im lost at what is causing this. I will go back to default settings and see if this happens.