Sign in with
Your question

Changing my cpu

Last response: in CPUs
October 8, 2011 5:09:17 AM

I have a A770 A2+ Ver. 6.x with a AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 2.6 ghz there is more then one. I do not know the sSpec/OPN# I would like to up grade the cpu with out updating bios. can i do that? If so. what cpu is it and the sSpec/OPN#

More about : changing cpu

a c 119 à CPUs
a b À AMD
October 8, 2011 6:08:39 AM

check the motherboard cpu compatability list on the manufacturers site. then pick 1 that suites your budget. really you need to be aiming for a 2.6quad as a minimum. but not many am2+ motherboard support quads...

if you can afford it bump your platform to am3+ you will get more bang for your buck, a lot more bang. i know that added price of the MB and ram will cost as much as a new cpu but in real terms you will get more value out of the am3+
m
l
August 12, 2012 2:16:02 AM

I know have not got back an i long time. I got the money to get some new parts.
i went went with these new parts.

AMD A 8 3870k

Crucial Ballistix 4 GB DDR 1866 CL9 1.5v UDIMM Finnrd BLE4G3D1869DE1TXD (I know i need 4 GB more)

Asus F1A55-M LX PLUS Motherboard

Asus HD 6670 Video Card 1 GB GDDR5

not new 750 watt power 1 year old

i am haveing trouble with the crossfire crashing. I have not O.C. any thing. I am playing Wow when it dose this i have not tryed any outher games

And i get a windows subscore of 7.1 with just the video and a 7.0 with the APU and the video card with crossfire.

I realy do not care about windows subscore but was just wondering y it go's lower

I thank all u guys for all your hard work with all the grate info i get from all of you.

Michael Henry
m
l
!