Sign in with
Your question

Temperature questions

Last response: in Memory
July 1, 2012 1:00:46 AM

So if any of you possibly remember me, I posted quite a few posts about computers to try and find a decently cheap one for myself, and after about a year of posting some questions and what not, I have finally gotten myself a new computer about a few months ago. I'm not sure if i'm posting this in the right section so i'm sorry if i'm not, but i would like to know if my computer is running at an alright temperature since im new to all this. I'm using speedfan to find my temperatures and here are the results..

System : 101C *
CPU: 47C
AUX: 127C *
CPU die: 42C
PCH: 59C *
Voltage Regulator: 53C *
Memory: 51C *
HD1: 33C
HD0: 35C

The ones with the stars have little flame icons beside them, so im assuming these are too high? And currently my computer is running 76 processes with a cpu usage of 1% and physical memory 30%. Programs such as chrome, steam, msn messenger, rocket dock, stardock, and rainmeter. Then other programs that use very little. My specs are as follow...

Processor: Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80ghz
Memory : 8192mb RAM
GPU : ATI Radeon HD 5770
HDD: im not really sure but it's two 500gb harddrives
My screen is 1440x900.
And the power supply im not too sure about either

When i use a normal house fan blowing into the computer without the lid or whatever you would like to call it the temperatures drop down to

System: 98C
CPU: 43C
AUX: 127C
CPU die: 43C
PCH: 59C
Voltage regulator: 49C
Memory: 48C
HD1: 34C
HD0: 32C

Any information, or tips is greatly appreciated. BTW i never usually use this fan, this was just a test and it is also very loud and in the way.

More about : temperature questions

a c 128 } Memory
July 1, 2012 11:54:32 AM

I don't see a heatsink listed. If you're using the Intel stock heatsink, get something better such as the hyper 212. Also, some monitoring programs aren't accurate for all readings. I sympathize with your noise issue; I hate noise and will put up with slightly higher temps to reduce it.
m
l
!