Which Mods to install and in which order (BG2 & ToB)?

I have the following WeiDU mods I am thinking of installing:

Ascension v1.4.17
Azengaard Tactical Encounter Mod v2.0
Cal-Culator v1.0.4
Cloakwood Squares v2
Desecration of Souls Version 2.00
Ease of Use Mod Pack v28
Goo the Disembodied Floating Eyeball v1.0
Imoen's Romance Mod v1.2
Improved Oasis II v6
Item Upgrade Mod Pack v32
Minimods v1 by Cliffette
P&P Celestials v2
Potion Quest
Quest Pack v1
Restored Drow Innate Abilities v2
Solaufein Romance Modification Pack v100
Tactics Modification Pack v21
The Black Rose Part1 - Market Prices Quest Mod v1
The Sorcerer's Place Collection
The Turnip Golem Mod v1
Under-Represented Items Mod v2
Valen NPC Mod v41
Virtue Mod v14 (Install Last)
NPC Flirt Packs 1.01 (Install After Ascension)

Dunno if these are WeiDU:
Banter Packs v5
Dungeon-Be-Gone v1.4
Nalia's Romance Mod v1.0

1. Can I install the WeiDU mods in any order or should certain ones be
installed before or after others?
2. Is uninstalling the WeiDU mod as easy as just running the uninstall
program/setup program? Will uninstalling one, create problems with another?
3. If more than one mod changes the dialog.tlk file (like they all seem to),
will the second one wipe over the changes the first one made or does the
second one instead append the dialog.tlk?
4. Are there are other good quest mods around? I've finished the game
several times and would like to expand the quests as much as possible.

--

Burning_Ranger

To email: aziz@aziz1removethisbit.fsnet.co.uk

WeiDU mods don't change the dialog.tlk. As a general rule, here's the
recommended install order:

1) BG2 and ToB
2) ToB patch
3) Baldurdash fixpack for ToB
4) Non-WeiDU mods: you can try installing more than one of these, but I
wouldn't recommend it
5) WeiDU mods. Any WeiDU mods that need to be installed in a certain order
(for instance, Solaufein before Kelsey) should say so in the pertinent
Readme's.

neriana wrote:
> WeiDU mods don't change the dialog.tlk. As a general rule, here's the
> recommended install order:
>
> 1) BG2 and ToB
> 2) ToB patch
> 3) Baldurdash fixpack for ToB
> 4) Non-WeiDU mods: you can try installing more than one of these, but
> I wouldn't recommend it
> 5) WeiDU mods. Any WeiDU mods that need to be installed in a certain
> order (for instance, Solaufein before Kelsey) should say so in the
> pertinent Readme's.
>

> "Burning_Ranger" <aziz@NOSPAMaziz99.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> I have the following WeiDU mods I am thinking of installing:
>>
>> Ascension v1.4.17
>> Azengaard Tactical Encounter Mod v2.0
>> Cal-Culator v1.0.4
>> Cloakwood Squares v2
>> Desecration of Souls Version 2.00
>> Ease of Use Mod Pack v28
>> Goo the Disembodied Floating Eyeball v1.0
>> Imoen's Romance Mod v1.2
>> Improved Oasis II v6
>> Item Upgrade Mod Pack v32
>> Minimods v1 by Cliffette
>> P&P Celestials v2
>> Potion Quest
>> Quest Pack v1
>> Restored Drow Innate Abilities v2
>> Solaufein Romance Modification Pack v100
>> Tactics Modification Pack v21
>> The Black Rose Part1 - Market Prices Quest Mod v1
>> The Sorcerer's Place Collection
>> The Turnip Golem Mod v1
>> Under-Represented Items Mod v2
>> Valen NPC Mod v41
>> Virtue Mod v14 (Install Last)
>> NPC Flirt Packs 1.01 (Install After Ascension)
>>
>> Dunno if these are WeiDU:
>> Banter Packs v5
>> Dungeon-Be-Gone v1.4
>> Nalia's Romance Mod v1.0
>>

>> 1. Can I install the WeiDU mods in any order or should certain ones
>> be installed before or after others?
>> 2. Is uninstalling the WeiDU mod as easy as just running the
>> uninstall program/setup program? Will uninstalling one, create
>> problems with another?
>> 3. If more than one mod changes the dialog.tlk file (like they all
>> seem to),
>> will the second one wipe over the changes the first one made or does
>> the second one instead append the dialog.tlk?
>> 4. Are there are other good quest mods around? I've finished the game
>> several times and would like to expand the quests as much as
>> possible.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Burning_Ranger
>>
>> To email: aziz@aziz1removethisbit.fsnet.co.uk

Thanks. I did it like this. Everything installed fine, except Virtue Mod
which was the last one and gave some error about not being able to referance
the file called cm7000.bcs even though it's in the overrides folder.

--

Burning_Ranger

To email: aziz@aziz1removethisbit.fsnet.co.uk

> >> Ascension v1.4.17
> >> Azengaard Tactical Encounter Mod v2.0
> >> Cal-Culator v1.0.4
> >> Cloakwood Squares v2
> >> Desecration of Souls Version 2.00
> >> Ease of Use Mod Pack v28
> >> Goo the Disembodied Floating Eyeball v1.0
> >> Imoen's Romance Mod v1.2
> >> Improved Oasis II v6
> >> Item Upgrade Mod Pack v32
> >> Minimods v1 by Cliffette
> >> P&P Celestials v2
> >> Potion Quest
> >> Quest Pack v1
> >> Restored Drow Innate Abilities v2
> >> Solaufein Romance Modification Pack v100
> >> Tactics Modification Pack v21
> >> The Black Rose Part1 - Market Prices Quest Mod v1
> >> The Sorcerer's Place Collection
> >> The Turnip Golem Mod v1
> >> Under-Represented Items Mod v2
> >> Valen NPC Mod v41
> >> Virtue Mod v14 (Install Last)
> >> NPC Flirt Packs 1.01 (Install After Ascension)
> >>
> >> Dunno if these are WeiDU:
> >> Banter Packs v5
> >> Dungeon-Be-Gone v1.4
> >> Nalia's Romance Mod v1.0

INstall in this order:

1. SoA
2. ToB
3. ToB Patch
4. Baldurdash ToB Fixpack
5. Baldurdash ToB Text updater
6. Non-WeiDu mods
7. Ascension
8. Solaufein
9. Kelsey SoA
10.Kelsey ToB
11. Flirtpack
12. Bandterpack
13. Dungeon Be Gone
14: Any WeiDU-mod can be installed now.

Solaufein should always be installed BEFORE Kelsey and AFTER
Ascension. (because of the possible romance conflicts/Tree of Life
talks/Epilogues)
Also, the Azengaard mod has a bug that will utterly erase the
cryptdoor in Trademeet, thus you won't be able to do the Fued Families
quest because there is no door.

This is usually my install order. I haven't encountered ANY problems
at all.

Thanks very much.

--

Shodan wrote:
> Also, the Azengaard mod has a bug that will utterly erase the
> cryptdoor in Trademeet, thus you won't be able to do the Fued Families
> quest because there is no door.

I think v2 has fixed this, at least it says so in the readme.