New Build, which OS. first time gamer btw

sls77066

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Hey guys

Building my first PC gaming rig and i need an OS! Been a console gamer all my life but after playing at a friends, pc gaming just kills. Kinda new to Windows altogether, use a MAC for the most part. This rig is mostly for gaming and maybe the occasional internet browsing. I could care less about the format of W8 and was wondering if i should use it for my new build vs W7. Thing is W8 seems pretty affordable right now, or would I be better off using 7. Opinions?

Cameron55

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
If you are just starting off, I say go with Window 8. Why not go with the latest Microsoft OS? You have many people that will tell you to go Win 7 because of the layout of Windows 8 but in reality that is only a dislike of change. Go with Windows 8, no need to stay behind the times.

Cameron55

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

Very true! Make sure that you will be able to run Windows 8 before installing it.
There are a lot of drivers out there that aren't ready for 8 and you will be fighting blue screens until an updated driver is released.

Baltimoron

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
Having just installed Windows 8 (it was 80 at Best Buy) due to having no XP disc and needing to Un-eff my increasingly unstable computer...I'd say go with Windows 7. I'm getting all kinds of issues with my hardware and software that I didn't have on Windows 7 (yes, I had 7, then XP).