promise ultra66 controllers for 12 bucks

G

I noticed they're available from www.megahaus.com, or www.dirtcheapdrives.com, both front ends to the same stuff.

I'm not spamming this list with an ad; I don't have anything to do with that company; I'm just thinking you guys would like to know about the cards before they're all gone. Take care.

G

If something sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. There's a computer store where I live that has some of the best prices i've seen but when you buy somethings, (i.e. hard drives) they come wrapped in an anti-static bag with no documentation and a 30 day warranty. CPU's are 15 day. Most of these "Dream Deals" I believe are either remanufactured or returned of factory defected, blah blah blah on and on.... Anyways the moral of the story is don't buy ANYTHING from an untrusted source. Do the homework
and save yourself the headache later..
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by itsmillertime on 11/12/00 10:39 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

It's called OEM products. Warranty for that stuff varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hard drives, and internal cards are usually covered for full warranty. Beware of memory and cpu's - usually 30 days or less and often remarked.

Most people don't want to bother paying for extra packaging and manuals. I sure don't if it means saving 25%. I can download my own drivers. And the ata 66 controller for $12 is bogus. Go to www.pricewatch.com and you will find a system pull with 30 day warranty for $10. I bought 6 from www.thecomputercentre.com and have not had a problem.