Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Question about updating bios.

Last response: in Motherboards
July 1, 2012 1:58:23 AM

Ok I feel really stupid asking this but I honestly don't know. When I go to the asus website to update my motherboard and I get all these options. Under each category there is 1 to 15 versions. Do I only download the newest update or do I get all of them?

Qualified Vendor List (3)

BIOS (4)

BIOS-Utilities (1)

Chipset (1)

AUDIO (2)

VGA (2)

LAN (4)

USB (3)

Utilities (15)

SATA (4)

Manual (6)

More about : question updating bios

July 1, 2012 2:10:48 AM

Actually I think I will need chipset, network and audio.
July 1, 2012 2:26:02 AM

phunky_21 said:
Ok I feel really stupid asking this but I honestly don't know. When I go to the asus website to update my motherboard and I get all these options. Under each category there is 1 to 15 versions. Do I only download the newest update or do I get all of them?

Qualified Vendor List (3)

BIOS (4)

BIOS-Utilities (1)

Chipset (1)

AUDIO (2)

VGA (2)

LAN (4)

USB (3)

Utilities (15)

SATA (4)

Manual (6)

If you're trying to up-date the bios, then, just select bios only. The other up-dates are for up-dating drivers. It never hurts to make sure that you're using the latest chip set drivers. but, i'd be very careful up-dating the bios. You should ONLY do that if you're system is suffering from one of the specific things that the bios update fixes. If you're not careful, you could end up with a dead computer.......... Good luck
Related resources
July 1, 2012 2:36:01 AM

Remember that you need to download the bios onto a memory stick and boot from that. There should be a Bios flash utility or something like that in your ASUS software. Read about how to do it first.
July 1, 2012 2:45:51 AM

Hmm yeah this will be on a freshly made computer. I just sort of wanted to know what I need to update. Parts won't arrive until monday but I sort of want to know what I need to do by the time I get them. I can download them and put them on a flash drive now while I'm waiting. Which ones will I need?

Best solution

July 1, 2012 2:25:21 PM

Don't up-date the bios. Get your computer up and running. Then, I am sure that the ASUS mbod came with a software update program. It will download and install all the latest drivers for you.
July 1, 2012 5:09:45 PM

Best answer selected by phunky_21.
July 1, 2012 5:11:32 PM

Ok thanks. Just getting anxious. I want to learn everything I need to do before the parts arrive. Will be around monday or tuesday since UPS doesn't deliver on weekends. (except for extra charges)
a c 328 V Motherboard
July 1, 2012 6:11:16 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
!