Sign in with
Your question

Cold Cathodes Red and White

Last response: in Components
October 8, 2011 11:14:43 AM

would red and white cathodes make it look pink?

i hope not

i recently changed my online order to Red LED due to fact my PC has Red LED fans and i thinking it look pink with white
October 9, 2011 9:35:14 AM

:) 
Yup it will give out the girly glow......
But you can avoid it with using aluminum foil to deflect the light in opposite directions. That'll make the red look redder and the white will glow as white and not pink.
m
l
October 10, 2011 12:10:32 AM

alyoshka said:
:) 
Yup it will give out the girly glow......
But you can avoid it with using aluminum foil to deflect the light in opposite directions. That'll make the red look redder and the white will glow as white and not pink.

ok i did change my order but people did not update is so im stuck with white cathodes in a RED LED faned case im pissed off but il try and sell them if i don't like it

they are 30cm bitspower cold cathodes il test it out first tho if it looks stupid il sell them buy red ones

how would i use aluminum foil? i have 3 Red Led 120mm Fans on front my case this is my case Antec DF 85 Full tower

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MjQwNA==...

i liked this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid=FBOPVt4Q-QQ&featur...

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AAA7ZZVNhw
m
l
Related resources
October 10, 2011 7:05:20 AM

If you are cool with a soldering iron and a screw driver, it's be pretty simple to get those red LED fans off the case.
Get 3 sets of white LEDs from a electrical store, they're dirt cheap, and just solder them where the RED LEDS are on the fans they'll fit into the sockets fine and you'll have a completely white light case without a glitch....
m
l
October 10, 2011 10:10:08 AM

alyoshka said:
If you are cool with a soldering iron and a screw driver, it's be pretty simple to get those red LED fans off the case.
Get 3 sets of white LEDs from a electrical store, they're dirt cheap, and just solder them where the RED LEDS are on the fans they'll fit into the sockets fine and you'll have a completely white light case without a glitch....

i want to keep the red on front the case and have bare color white cathode showing inside i dont want a full white LED case so i was wondering about the foil but il get the Cathodes tommo il see what happens il take pictures

m
l
October 10, 2011 10:14:00 AM

The foil would have been useful if you had a red cathode and a white cathode. It could have been use as a reflector for the red cathode and the white cathode to spread the rays in different directions so as to give a red and white glow and not a pink glow.

Looking at the details of your case, if you were to mount the white cathode on the top internal side of the case then you's get a white glow from the side panel and it won't interfere with the red fan leds up front. Especially since the fans are towards the outer side of the case and have the disc cages behind them creating a shadow from the white cathode.
m
l
October 10, 2011 10:19:21 AM

alyoshka said:
The foil would have been useful if you had a red cathode and a white cathode. It could have been use as a reflector for the red cathode and the white cathode to spread the rays in different directions so as to give a red and white glow and not a pink glow.

ah ok well the Red LED fans are not strong in color you can't even see them through side panel so.. i'm guess the fans will not get a pink glow i went and used my Phone Super bright LED white light and shined it through the fans from inside and did not go pink effect

the fans are solid not that see through plastic stuff. just got 4 little Led light on each corner of the Fan on inside

i may use the foil on upper side of back fan to give it more reflect

i plan on tucking it white cathode up-top and down bottom on bottom should tuck in with out having the effect of glowing on front of my case were my LED fans are and up-top should be ok only 1 red lED fan may get a odd color that's back one and i can always replace it with my standard Corsair 120mm fan
m
l
October 10, 2011 10:55:11 AM

:)  you're certainly not going to be seeing that back fan....... don't worry. It'll be showing fine color through the side panel if you could see it.
m
l
October 11, 2011 4:55:13 AM

OK i got them it WORKS FINE!!! woot woot!!!! looks good now i'm going get a sound activated module

so what would look good for red and white and black Pc for sound active module

i was thinking purple or orange ?

leaning towards organge + Yellow+red that give it a very strong color to the sound if i buy them 2 small organe 2 small yellows and 2 large Red Cathodes should get a nice thing going them on sound active white cathodes just on and off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgqRgPuvj8Y

how did this guy set the cathode to have it voice recognision and music separate cathodes? i want that i want music on red and organde and yellow. and white to be voice

also do RED LED effect cathode color? due to it being different i have seen people used red cathodes with white LED fans and dont get a pink glow on the fans or is it how they placed the cathodes?
m
l
October 11, 2011 9:30:42 AM

It depends on the placement of the cathodes.
If you can connect the cathode circuitry simply by using the the Audio jacks, Mic Connected to the White cathodes and the others to your speaker output config.
m
l
October 11, 2011 9:37:17 AM

alyoshka said:
It depends on the placement of the cathodes.
If you can connect the cathode circuitry simply by using the the Audio jacks, Mic Connected to the White cathodes and the others to your speaker output config.

what do you mean? audio jack? i thought it was 2 separate CCL sound activate module one with a setting changers
m
l
October 11, 2011 9:40:16 AM

Oh ok. Yo could use one of those or then you could experiment with your own circuits. They have impedance kits for such stuff which can easily be connected to the Audio ports.
m
l
!