First Build - Input desired from you knowledgeable people

The Coolermaster Hyper 212+ is a good cooler if you're interested in overclocking, and who isn't when you're paying for an unlocked multiplier? Its a decent price, but performs like a more expensive cooler.
If possible, I would look for DDR3 1600 ram with lower timings. Yeah, the CL9 stuff is cheaper but latency should not be overlooked. My next build I am paying for lower latency.

If it were me investing in a new platform, I would seriously consider adding room in the budget for an SSD. The hard drive is the weak point in this build, however that is an excellent mechanical drive that I would keep for data.

Also, what resolution are you running? One HD6950 is plenty to run anything at 1080p, or 1920X1200 even. I'm not saying don't crossfire, I'm just wondering why unless its for bragging rights.

mknott1

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011

Thanks for the cooler recommendation.

Wow yeah glossed right over the timing issue on those.

Was thinking about adding a SSD as well but wasnt sure it was necessary. Will add that to the list.

Crossfire was for the sexiness and not wanting to have to upgrade for a while. Guess Ill start with one then add one and crossfire if I feel its needed.

Think the case wont hold up since its kind of cheap?

Appreciate the input.