Absolute Latest drivers for the P8Z68

Jonathanese

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
I got a P8Z68-V LX recently, and I"m looking for where all I can collect the absolute latest drivers. I see they have drivers on the disk and on the main site, but MOBO sites tend to have outdated drivers.

If you're talking about THIS site http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z68V_LX/#download those ARE almost definitely the absolute latest and best drivers.

The only ones that may be newer are the graphics driver from Intel and the audio drivers from Realtek, but you seriously don't need to worry about those (especially the graphics if you're not using the iGPU and audio drivers very rarely NEED an update unless you have a specific problem with them).

Jonathanese

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Okay, thanks for the reassurance.

I've gotten in the habit of updating drivers a lot when I first started getting NVIDIA's graphics cards. They tend to add new features and performance enhancements to earlier products sometimes generations down the line. Like the new FXAA mode that was just released and applies all the way back to the 8-series. Or many firmware updates that tweak a couple things to create some noticible boosts in performance.

Yeah, graphics drivers are usually the only ones that really need updating regularly (although I usually wait for the WHQL versions instead of using the beta's).