Sign in with
Your question

Soundcard extension cable.

Last response: in Systems
July 11, 2011 10:07:47 PM

I've had a look around and I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed it, but is there a way to get an extension cable for a soundcard. I ask this because I recently got a GPU cooler and it blocks my PCI slots for soundcards etc. This way I could plug in the extension in the small gap beneath the GPU cooler allowing me to still have my soundcard working but not directly plugged into the slot.
a b B Homebuilt system
July 11, 2011 11:55:17 PM

Don't know about extension cables; however, I have a pack of 24" cables and will send you one gratis (provoided you live in the continental US).

They are the standards 4 pin cables. Respond if you want one and we'll work out a way to get your name and address without posting it here.
Michael
a b B Homebuilt system
July 12, 2011 12:01:43 AM

He needs a pci extender by the sounds of it, they do exist but I cant copy/paste on my mobile, I'll look back in the morning when I'm home ans paste a link if noone else has, Op can always private message you his address if he is interested in the power cables though :-)
Moto
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
July 12, 2011 12:44:00 AM

Quote:
He needs a pci extender by the sounds of it

After re-reading his post, I think you're correct.
July 28, 2011 2:21:31 PM

Just managed to refind this topic >< Thanks for replies guys very helpful!
a b B Homebuilt system
July 28, 2011 3:49:28 PM

Was there a suitable solution in those links?
plus if you click the envelope at the top of the thread, it sends you an email when a response is posted for future info (think theres also a setting in your profile page to set it)
Moto
!