Dell xps m1530 streaming to tv

AmandaLeeLee

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
Hello,

I am streaming to my hdtv through using a HDMI cable. The picture is great. No sound. What is the best way to go about getting sound to the tv?

External speakers would be a last resort, I'd rather use the TV speakers if possible.

popatim

Titan
Set the tv as the only display and then set the sound to digital output over hdmi.
I'm not saying you can get audio over hdmi, but if you can then thats the normal way of doing it. The single display is a drm thing to keep you from recording.

ncc74656

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
I have a blueray burner on my laptop and desktop. my laptop runs dual screens and my desktop runs 5-10 monitors depending on the day. I use HDMI on my laptop along with the built in monitor and HDMI/DVI on my desktop. I have never ran into any DRM issue with bluerays. The only movies i have watched are tears of the sun, startrek 2009, 13 blocks, repo genetic opera and thats it. all my bluerays. but all of them work on both systems. i use VLC or power dvd to play them.

desktop has 5870's and laptop has a 9600

ncc74656

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
my desktops eyefinity runs 4 screens as one display just fine for a blueray (ive only done it once tho). the laptop runs a mirrored screen through the nview control panel if i choose but i generaly keep it extended. VLC is able to run blueray on either my laptop screen or external monitor, i can drag the window back and forth. if i recall power did useto black out when i did that.