HD 5870 Display Driver Error

G

Hey forum,

I have now been looking around for over a 1 month in hope of finding a solution to my problem, but yet to be without one. So I thought that someone here might know.

Every so often (varies from minutes to hours) the stream that I am watching will freeze for 3 seconds and then turn green, followed by a message in the bottom-right hand corner that says "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered - (Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has succesfully recovered)." The audio does not dissapear. When I refresh the page, the green screen turns normal again, and then sometime later, the problem occurs again, and this keeps on going, making it impossible to enjoy watching a stream. Under the Event Log, the warning says "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I do not have any overclocked components, and my graphics card is not overheating as I have checked while the problem occured.

Components:
i7 920 - 2.67 ghz (noctua nh-u12p cooler)
ATI HD5870
Corsair 1600 mhz 3x2gb (6gb)
Corsair HX 850 watt
7200 rpm 320 gb harddrive
3 noctua case fans
Asus P6T SE motherboard

I hope some of you might have an answer to my problem :) thank you

G

I have reinstalled the latest driver (11.3) for the graphic card many times, using software to completely erase all traces of the previous driver before installing the new one - the new driver still seems to have the problem

johnnyq8

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
i have faced this proplem the solution is go to your my computer right click > device manager > go to amd HD sound 7.1 and disable it then it will not happen again or it will rarely happen againg