Can anyone vouch for the ASUS AI Suite II Utilities?

Folkrod

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
So on Monday I will be receiving my new ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Motherboard as part of my first computer build. So today I decide to head over to ASUS' drivers section and take a look at the drivers I will need to download. I will obviously be downloading the essentials but I could not determine whether or not to download the ASUS AI Suite II. Can anyone vouch for this? Does anyone have any experience using it? Is it stable? Reliable? UI Friendly? Easy to install? If I install them/it can I easily uninstall or disable them? If anyone here owns a Sabertooth, what did YOU install? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks! :D

-Folkrod

Solution

I have the P9X79 Pro.

The tools work fine - I don't use all of them, but the program itself...

rhyalus

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011

I have the P9X79 Pro.

The tools work fine - I don't use all of them, but the program itself is stables and seems to keep a low profile.

You should decide based on your needs, though. If you want auto overclocking, you will want this tool. It also has some sensors and things that you might want to check out.

I would install it and give it a shot. You can always uninstall it.

I also think it is really needed for BIOS upgrading, BTW. I tried the USB autoflash and could not get it to work, so I downloaded the BIOS file from the website and then used this tool from within windows. Worked great.

R

Solution
I just removed it last night completely.

It tried to tell me that my CPU temp is 1°C .

I kept removing those features one after another every week one : )

I never had any problem with it, the USB charger works fine, that OC feature was fine too(4.3GHz), but manual OC(4.6GHz+) will get u better overclock with lower voltage.

Yes alternatives are better.

I like the temps on the taskbar.

20120701053218bar.jpg

Folkrod

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012

Doesn't NVIDIA's GTXO 600 series have auto clock boost?
Anyways, I agree on the whole BIOS update thing. When I unzip and open the folder I actually see separate folders for each utility. Can I just install the the ones I want such as that? Sorry for this noobish question but is the utility called "BIOS Flashback"?

billiamian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2007
FWIW, my M4A78-E had been crashing intermittently for months.
Finally sat down to diagnose & found common recurrence corresponding to temp spikes under load (DVD conversion)
- while fan stayed quiet (3000rpm+/-).

ONLY after re installing AI Suite did cool n quiet properly increase fan speed (59°C/6000rpm +/-) to compensate. With work lost & diagnostic steps fruitlessly repeated, this cost me more than 10 hours...

Now I can again burn DVDs in English for my Italian kids!

littlehawk

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011

In my experience, flop 3rd party AI onto your Intel based balance and you are asking for more trouble than joy. Flash CAP being
just one of a multitude of FAILS! Read the fine specs. Outside of hardware combo's only found in a PC lab no one real ever visits, your investment is worth much better than AI can offer. Google or Bing the word, "Utility". Explore and learn.

tmbstne284

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015

I had the ai suite II but on my system it's junk because i have senors with my case and one is fpr the hard drive and i have cpuid's hardware monitor and when ai sute II said my chip has reached 65 degrees cetigrade my case AND cpuid's hardware monitor says 51-53 dgrees centigrade under stress.