HD5870 ATI Driver Error

Hey forum,

I have now been looking around for over a 1 month in hope of finding a solution to my problem, but yet to be without one. So I thought that someone here might know.

Every so often (varies from minutes to hours) the stream that I am watching will freeze for 3 seconds and then turn green, followed by a message in the bottom-right hand corner that says "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered - (Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has succesfully recovered)." The audio does not dissapear. When I refresh the page, the green screen turns normal again, and then sometime later, the problem occurs again, and this keeps on going, making it impossible to enjoy watching a stream. Under the Event Log, the warning says "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I do not have any overclocked components, and my graphics card is not overheating as I have checked while the problem occured.

Components:
i7 920 - 2.67 ghz (noctua nh-u12p cooler)
ATI HD5870
Corsair 1600 mhz 3x2gb (6gb)
Corsair HX 850 watt
7200 rpm 320 gb harddrive
3 noctua case fans
Asus P6T SE motherboard

I hope some of you might have an answer to my problem thank you

ps. I have reinstalled the latest driver (11.3) for the graphic card many times, using software to completely erase all traces of the previous driver before installing the new one - the new driver still seems to have the problem
9 answers Last reply
More about hd5870 driver error
  1. With which driver did you last have this problem?
  2. Don't remember think it was either 9 or 10, but the problem did not dissapear with the new driver
  3. Try rolling back to an older driver.
  4. Will try and then post my results
  5. THANKS SO MUCH THAT FIXED THE PROBLEM !!!
  6. Good.
  7. I'm having this same problem with my 5850.

What driver did you roll back to with the fix?

Thanks
  8. bump?
  9. anyone?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics