After effects and premiere pro

erosalex

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
This is a PC for work, especially After Effects, Premiere and Photoshop CS5. I have : Corsair 750W PSU, MON.asus 24 "I had thought of this: Processor: 3.4GHz i7-2600K Sandy Bridge (3.8GHz TurboBoost)

NOCTUA NH-D14

Mobo: ASRock P67 Extreme4

RAM: G. Skill F3-RipjawsX 14900CL9Q-16GBXL (4GbX4) 1866MHz CL -9-10-9-18

GPU: Gainward Ti 560

RAID-0 HDD's: x2 300Gb VelociRaptor 10000rpm SATA 3.0Gb / s

HDD Storage: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3

Case: Lian-Li PC-K62

I wanted to take the proc to 4.2 MHz and there making it work. The memories are 40 mm high (we will stay under the said?)
you advice and stay in that order comunques budget. For work cosidere a most solid motherboard? whot do y think? thanks to all

Hello, I take it English is not your first language but I'll try to help.

Your part choices are all good.

Your cooler should clear the RAM heatsinks. I can't promise it will but I think it will.

The only advantage in using the video card is CUDA, which you may want to use. However, you do not need to spend quite that much.

Look at this list:
http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

Do you see where it says "compute capability"? ANY card rated at 2.1 will work the same for CUDA. So a 550ti or a GTS 450 will work just as well in CUDA.

If you need a fast reliable drive, don't use RAID 0 Velociraptors. Use a very high quality SSD.
For a budget choice the Intel 320 160GB model is great. Or, if you can spend more, Intel 510 series.

erosalex

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
It 'true that the guarantee for asrock mobo is less than those of competitors? In this case I would like to be sure, a tough Mobo with the same performance even if you pay 50 more. suggestions?

in many forums of specific After effects user, the best chice for OS and programs is raid 0 of velocirapters. I'm sure in this point

Look at the dates of those recommendations. SSDs are new.

On the ASRock board, yes you could spend a bit more for a better guarantee. In that case I would recommend the Asus P8P67. Or spend a bit more than that and get the Asus P8P67 Deluxe, which comes with a Front panel USB 3.0 module. You will find that very handy going forward.

erosalex

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
http://www.videocopilot.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=59934. whot do yuo think about P67 Intel board? very thnenks to you

You have come to a board with people that know hardware. You can take my advice or not of course, but don't rely on opinions from a video site for hardware advice.

I did not recommend the fastest SSD. I recommended the most reliable. It's still far faster than Raid 0 drives. It's more reliable than Raid 0 drives. You are most certainly an educated person, so let me ask you a question:

Which of these two do you trust most to store data?

1. Two separate disks spinning at 10,000 RPM. If either disk fails you will loose ALL the data on both drives.
2. A storage device with no moving parts at all.

And finally, if you do not have an active and proper backup system in place it's your own fault.

Now on to the MB question. Intel has a very poor reputation in the enthusiast market. They have a slightly better reputation in the office/enterprise world, but NOT because of reliability. Support is where they have succeeded.
Intel boards are historically poor overclockers when they are able to overclock at all. It is true that the newest crop of Intel boards have good marketing and make fine claims, but they are new, and Intel does not have a long record of fine boards like Asus, Gigabyte, and ASRock.

erosalex

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
thnks proximon. I have to decide this now: P8P67 PRO 2600K + i7 + F3 g.skill 12800 Cl7D 8GbRH (2x4GB) kits x2 = 16GB total
get along together, fully compatible? I wanted a decent PC

It's better to get a 16GB kit because the manufacturer is saying it will work. Two 8GB kits with the same parts number will probably work, but may need adjustment in the BIOS to be stable.... in other words, you might not get the CL7 out of them or they might need a bit more voltage.

The original kit you listed would be a little bit faster, but look at this promo code on this set:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231429

If you are shopping at newegg that's the set to buy. That's a great price and the RAM is fast enough.

I use the P8P67 Pro and i7 2600K, it's a good combo.

The first one. The higher frequency is faster with modern Intel boards. It used to be that lower latency (1333 CL7) was better than higher even at higher frequencies (1600 CL9). That's not the case not though.
It's also not a big deal, and you should not spend a large amount for better RAM numbers. It will only make a little difference in your work.

Here are RAM priorities, the spacing is deliberate:

Voltage (1.5V)
-
-
Frequency (1600Mhz, 1333Mhz, etc.)
Latency (CL7, 9-9-9-24, etc.)