Sign in with
Your question

Help: Would I be pushing it a bit going SLI with this PSU?

Last response: in Components
October 8, 2011 9:16:21 PM

This is my psu:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/powersupp...

This is my single GPU. I would like to get another one, but don't really want to change the psu. Any help or advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

More about : pushing bit sli psu

October 8, 2011 9:20:38 PM

Doctor_Den said:
This is my psu:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/powersupp...

This is my single GPU. I would like to get another one, but don't really want to change the psu. Any help or advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

It would help if you said what graphics cards you are planning to SLI.
Related resources
October 8, 2011 9:28:57 PM

I haven't overclocked the CPU either.
a b ) Power supply
October 8, 2011 9:29:22 PM

I think you might be pushing it as each card will require 244w @default clocks alone plus the rest of the system, with OC'd cards you're going to want a slightly meatier PSU IMHO.
October 8, 2011 9:30:26 PM

Quote:
I would suggest getting the TX850.
Are your parts already purchased?

Yeah that's the problem. I've just put this together, and now I'm thinking what I can get out of it in the future.
a b ) Power supply
October 8, 2011 9:38:39 PM

Doctor_Den said:
Yeah that's the problem. I've just put this together, and now I'm thinking what I can get out of it in the future.

Wait and see how you get on with a single 580 first, I have found that SLi is something that should be done from the get go rather than be looked upon as an upgrade path anyway because as well as allowing you to overlook a couple of new generations of cards it also forces you to get a PSU that can cope rather than wonder if the one that you have can cope.
October 8, 2011 9:45:03 PM

Yeah I should of done, but I built this from scratch and costs started to add up. To be honest I'm very happy with the build, but you always think what else can I do.
October 8, 2011 9:47:58 PM

Maybe I should get an after market CPU cooler and look into getting more juice from that, but then again I might run into the same psu issue.
October 8, 2011 9:59:18 PM

Oh good, I don't want to push it to the limit as I want it to live a long good life, but I wouldn't mind getting more from it as it's unlocked.
Cheers for the help much appreciated.
October 8, 2011 10:00:30 PM

Damn I can't find the best answer option.
a b ) Power supply
October 8, 2011 10:02:20 PM

Doctor_Den said:
Damn I can't find the best answer option.

That's because you started this thread as a discussion thread not an question/answer one.
!