Sign in with
Your question

Direct3D Problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 30, 2011 10:58:06 PM

I am having trouble with my graphics card or something, because whenever I try to play a computer game, it doesn't work. I attempt to bring up the loader, the game loads, then, the computer screen goes sideways and a message pops up saying something along the lines of, "D3D Renderer Error", or "Failed to set-up the graphics system."(which appears on games that don't use 3D) It does this for every game I have, except for 2 for some reason.

I have the most updated driver I can and the most recent edition of DirectX, but it still doesn't work. I have un-installed and re-downloaded my games, but it refuses to make a difference. I have no idea what to do at this point, can someone help me?

I can also post my dxdiag if it is of any help, but it takes up a good amount of the screen (as you probably know)

More about : direct3d problem

a b U Graphics card
May 1, 2011 12:26:37 AM

Assuming your Drivers are current I would look at first the PSU to make sure the Card is receiving good and stable voltage. If this is Ok then swap the card out as it is likely faulty at a hardware level.
m
l
!